[CT Birds] Ring-necked Pheasants

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Fri Mar 12 20:43:03 EST 2010

Back in the mid 90's I had a brood of Ringneck Pheasants with their parents (male and female) as well as a brood of Turkeys (with the hen) walk through my yard at the same time.  I live near Bristol Fish and Game and they regularly stock with Ringneck as well as other species of pheasants.  I always get a variety of pheasants at my feeders in the fall and one year I even had a Chukar running through the yard.  But come springtime there is always a lot of crowing going on, so it would be hard to tell if the young were from a sustaining population or from the ones that got lucky the prior hunting season.

Jack Swatt
Wolcott