[CT Birds] Ring-necked Pheasants (not scientific!)

Diane Tucker dianetucker01 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 13 09:05:24 EST 2010

This is a trivial story, but kind of funny.  About eight years ago I lived just about right in West Hartford Center.  There were some fellows about to clean out the gutters on my house, and one of them rang the doorbell and said, "Lady, you've got some kind of crazy bird dead in your backyard".  I went out to find a perfect, uninjured male Ring-necked dead as a doornail lying in the grass. It was a beautiful specimen, which I gave to Westmoor Park.  Crazy.
Diane Tucker