[CT Birds] Woodcock

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 13 12:13:59 EST 2010

I went out 3 times during the warm spell at dusk for the woodcocks (they display and breed in my powerline cut in my woods) and had zero anything.

Though, this morning on the way to the store around 6:05am, a single Woodcock was probing just outside the South fence to the Chapel St. Powerline cut.  He was gone by the time I got back with the camera.

I was starting toget jealous of all the woodcock reports!!  Last year I had my first on 03/07... though he was peenting and displaying.  Maybe after this terrible weather.

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com
http://thebirdmojo.blogspot.com/