[CT Birds] Wood Frogs (Don't worry, it's bird related)

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 13 21:40:50 EST 2010

I really wish I had the time to take advantage of Nick's scouting report, and head out on a LIS Ferry toward Port Jeff or Orient!

Closer to home, many people await the first spring rains for the often spectacular amphibian "migration".  Last night and tonight, the Bethany roads have had good numbers of Wood Frogs, as indicated by the road carnage.  I've helped a few of the cold, masked critters across.

How is this bird related?  By morning, the roads will have been picked clean by scavengers.  I'm sure Corvus brachyrhynchos is implicated.

Steve Mayo
Bethany