[CT Birds] first Ducks seen...GOSHAWK

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 16 18:30:17 EDT 2010

This weeks rain produced open water for the first time at Barkhamsted reservoir.
It seems the winds break up the ice faster than the warm and rainy weather.

>From Seville dam in very choppy waters way out to the north were 6 dark ducks.
I believe they were SCOTERS. Several BALD EAGLE seen as well. Compensating
reservoir below was also 75% open but produced only 2 C MERGANSER.
We are now ready to get some north movement of ducks here in NW CT.

In Harwinton yard today, had an adult GOSHAWK take a pigeon of mine
in the air. Hope he moves on............

Paul Carrier