[CT Birds] South Windsor

Zagorski, Sara szagorski at daypitney.com
Wed Mar 17 09:11:28 EDT 2010

I did a brief survey of some of the areas around Station 43 this
morning. I was very disappointed that there were hardly any ducks on the
pond at Station 43, about 20 black ducks, 2 ring-necked ducks, 14 wood
ducks (2 of which jumped out of a nesting box), 4 mallards, and 2 mute
swans. A beaver swam by. No teal, wigeon, pintail, or anything else.
Maybe they all went away last night, or maybe, as it was quite cold this
morning and the pond was misty, they were hiding in the reeds and I
didn't see them. Canada geese were actively flying about. I did have a
Marsh Wren, which I first saw about a week ago and is apparently an
early inland date for them, and a FOY Virginia Rail.

As I was driving down Main St. I had a beautiful red fox cross the road
carrying something gray, probably a squirrel. At Ferry Lane the Vesper
Sparrow continues and there were a few killdeer in the fields, but could
not find any snipe either there or on Strong Rd. As I was getting back
on the highway a male Ring-necked Pheasant came out of the woods right
by the highway entrance.

Sara Zagorski
Wethersfield

This message contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. Thank you.
 .