[CT Birds] Noteables, Thur, 3-18

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Mar 19 17:20:36 EDT 2010

At Vibert Rd in South Windsor:
1 Wilson's Snipe
3 Killdeer
c 6 Savannah Sparrows in  a flock near the  river

Batterson Park Pond, Farmington:
An exceptionally inept year-old Bald Eagle attempting to make a  meal of
the ducks on the pond.  On every futile pass they would wait til he  was right
over them and then dive, splashing water up at him.  This went on  for
about 5 minutes before he retreated to a tree to re-think his  strategy.  I
swear I could hear ducky laughter from 400 yards away.   Ring-necks, Common
Mergs, Hooded Mergs, Common Goldeneye, Bufflehead,  Mallards

Over my house, Coventry:
2 red-shouldered Hawks, circling and calling  loudly

CAS, Pomfret:
American Woodcock - Good views in the air and on the ground of  several
birds during a Woodcock watch lead by Andy R.  Pics taken with the  bird in his
spotlight here:

http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?trackingid=BTAGC&rlang=en_US&galle
ryid=f337ae6c7a59483bb804179bacdef30e&wf=shareslideshow

Don Morgan
Coventry