[CT Birds] Sandhill Crane Returns

DAVE & JANET RATHBUN janet.rathbun at snet.net
Sat Mar 20 17:14:29 EDT 2010

3/20 - Durham - I observed the Sandhill Crane between 3:30 and 4:15 PM in the far south western corner (close to greenish beige house with green shutters) of the cornfield on Johnson La. If you'll recall from previous reports, Johnson La. is off of Maiden La. in Durham. A young girl stopped to tell me that the bird has been back for several days and that her grandmother has seen it with a "large all-white bird". I can't confirm the third hand report nor did I observe any large white bird during the time I was there, but you never know.

Dave Rathbun