[CT Birds] Addison Bog

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 08:36:27 EDT 2010

A late afternoon walk through Addison Bog on Saturday revealed a small
Accipiter...a Sharp-shinned Hawk in all probability...a lot of "feeder
birds," and the hooting of the local Barred Owl.  Back home the Pine Warbler
has moved on.  Now the only yellow things in the back yard are the
Goldfinches, who are getting quite bright!  Hope my guttering holds up under
the competitive drumming of the Northern Flickers.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The geese flew on.  I have never seen them again.  Maybe I will, someday,
somewhere.  Maybe I won't.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is that, when I
saw them, I saw them as through the veil, secretly, joyfully, clearly."
        ---from Snow Geese by Mary Oliver