[CT Birds] Guilford Land Trust Trails

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 09:43:20 EDT 2010

3/20, Guilford Land Trust Trails (used Peddler's Rd. entrance), Guilford (12-4p)-

(2) Red-breasted Nuthatches

(1) Osprey (FOY... circling over 'Lost Lake')

(2) copulating Red-shouldered hawks

(1) Red-tailed hawk

(2) Great Blue Herons

(13) Juncos

(1) Pileated Woodpecker

In addition, I saw my first Black Racer snake of the year (BIG boy!!), about 100+ calling Wood frogs, about 50+ calling Peepers, and my first Pickerel frog of the year.

Also 5 Mourning Cloaks, 1 Eastern Comma, and 2 Spring Azures.  I had my first Garter snake of the season in my woods in Stratford the day before also.

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com