[CT Birds] Cooper's display seen

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 18:35:51 EDT 2010

3/21, Roosevelt Forest, Stratford (12:30ish.. there maybe 15 minutes for a quick dog walk w/my buddy)-

(1) Cooper's hawk doing exactly what Greg described.  He was soaring and circling, then hauled up in a thermal/breeze and hovered a bit.... not like a Kestrel or Rough-leg hover, a more excited and not as balanced hover.

It then flashed out it's tail feathers, and threw back it's wings as if to show flashes of how handsome he is to a near-by female.

Thanks for the heads up, Greg.  It was really neat to watch.  (too bad I had to leave and go back to yard work!!)

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com
http://thebirdmojo.blogspot.com/