[CT Birds] Phoebe and mice

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Sun Mar 21 20:05:22 EDT 2010

 CT Birders -

 First sanctuary phoebe singing out back, which motivated me to get out to the chimney and remove the nest from last year. For those of you that do not remember a phoebe nested 13 ft down the swift chimney we built!  And successfully fledged young! So as my husband uses a pole to knock it down, it was about 15ft up the chimney on a ledge, guess what was in it? A mouse nest with babies!  My husband and I sure did not expect to have it raining mice with that nest removal! Of course I found someone who would care for them after their long fall onto concrete, if they survive.

--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT