[CT Birds] Milford Point arrivals

twan leenders tleenders at ctaudubon.org
Wed Mar 24 13:53:40 EDT 2010

While working on the osprey platform in the Wheeler Marsh this morning Milan Bull and I witnessed the arrival of 2 additional OSPREY (3 total now) which immediately engaged in catching fish and gathering nest materials. We also had 7 GREATER YELLOWLEGS and there may have been 1-2 Lesser Yellowlegs present also (no binoculars handy).  A MERLIN buzzed us at some point. Other birds noted include a NORTHERN HARRIER, some 50+ GREEN-WINGED TEAL and 20+ GADWALL, and an assortment of the regular ducks and gulls.

Twan Leenders
Conservation Biologist
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr Street