[CT Birds] IDENTIFYING BIRDS IN FLIGHT & AT A DISTANCE

Randy Domina rhexp at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 08:02:52 EDT 2010

                  IDENTIFYING BIRDS IN FLIGHT & AT A DISTANCE

                    Saturday, April 24, 2010

          8 AM, Hammonasset State Park

          Leader: Randy Domina

          Meet in the campground parking lot.

                    This is a beginner
to intermediate workshop.

  Participants should be able to track birds in flight with their
binoculars. This and being willing to answer the question "what do you
see" are the only requirements. We will be looking at commons bird
hoping to expand your capability to identify them without seeing
specific plumage characteristics. We will focus on structure, behavior
and flight style. This is not an advanced program that would
allow you to ID all the different warblers on a typical fall morning at
Bluff Point. It is and introduction to a more advanced skill.