[CT Birds] Eastern phoebe - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 25 16:08:59 EDT 2010

I at last spotted today (25 March 2010) an eastern phoebe when I stopped at the base of our long driveway on South St here in Washington, CT to check our mail box. Being that we are at almost 900 feet here I suspect that eastern phoebes have likely been in Washington Depot , which is at lower elevation by the Shepaug River then South St, for a few days ahead of the phoebe I saw here today. My local yellow-bellied sapsucker (a "'common" bird here) has been active of late here.

David W Babington
Washington, CT