[CT Birds] Osprey with big fish

CHIS Chris0381 at comcaSt.net
Thu Mar 25 21:09:34 EDT 2010

Nice story. That's what getting out into CT's wilderness is all about.

-----Original Message-----
From: ctbirds-bounces at lists.ctbirding.org
[mailto:ctbirds-bounces at lists.ctbirding.org] On Behalf Of Emmayct at cs.com
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:49 PM
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Subject: [CT Birds] Osprey with big fish

Yesterday around 6 I watched an Osprey carrying something big along the
shore at Mc Cooks point in Niantic. He dropped it on Crescent Beach...He
a couple of times to pick it up but then he flew off so I ran over to take a

look and it was a big flounder 13-15 inches in length.  He had pecked the
head presumably to kill it but otherwise it was whole.

What an amazing catch. I felt bad for him that he had lost it...

For subscription information visit