[CT Birds] birds nest soup

Davis heydavis at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 08:08:16 EDT 2010

Yesterday morning 08:50 I was driving south on Nod Rd. in Avon, focused on trying to get to work in time when a hawk (I took it for a Red Tail) flew out of the scrub to the left of the road heading for the golf course and open country to the right of the road.  In hot pursuit was one angry smaller bird (a bluejay to my eye).  In the hawk's talons was an entire nest, trailing bits of twiggery.  Very cool! (though not for the young denizens of the nest or their parents)  Too bad I can't download the image from my brain, but at least it is well preserved there.

Davis Smith
Avon