[CT Birds] Glossy Ibis / Am Oystercatcher

John Pfitzner jkat61 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 17:20:58 EDT 2010

3.29.10  Hammo, while scanning the rain pools between pav#2 and west beach bath house I observed an

american oystercatcher fly in and land in the grass field and forage at the pools edge. I have seen them

many times looking from the cedar island deck and from the end of the moraine trail, always a good distance away.

nice to see one up close. also two glossy ibis around the rain pools in the grass field across from west beach paved parking lot.

both FOY for me.

John Pfitzner