[CT Birds] Trumpeter Swans (discussion, not a sighting)

james.bair at snet.net james.bair at snet.net
Mon Mar 29 20:08:08 EDT 2010

Back in August of 1993 there was a Trumpeter Swan that spent a few days in a pond near the Danbury Mall. I saw it on August 21. It was conveniently with a couple of Mute Swans, so the size difference was obvious. As Frank described, too, the other differences were noticeable as well, but the bird was considerably larger than the Mute Swans.

It had a neck tag from the previously mentioned Ontario breed and release program.

Jim Bair

P.S. Frank, lovely photos. I hope I get to see the birds.
JB