[CT Birds] "countability" of Trumpeter Swans

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 20:21:14 EDT 2010

I don't know much about TRSW, having seen only 1 (in Ohio - and  I counted
it!), but those birds look to me like they are juveniles or very  young, as
they clearly appear to have gray necks and heads.   I'm sure  someone will
quickly correct that if I'm wrong.  However, if that's  right, the fact that
they have no bands or markers makes me think they were  hatched and fledged
in the wild.  That leads to the question of how long  the birds have to be
in the wild (generations) before they can be considered  wild (and
countable).  Any answers or opinions?
Don Morgan