[CT Birds] Bringing Nature Home

Hopkinsus at cs.com Hopkinsus at cs.com
Mon Mar 29 23:37:44 EDT 2010

I agree completely about this book.  I have also heard Tallamy speak.  He
and his book are a revelation.  I couldn't believe how little I understood
about ecosystems until I saw him and read the book.  It's one of those books
that should be mandatory for every high school student.  He talks about
suburban corridors - if enough suburban dwellers use native species, which will
bring in native insects, which will be eaten by native birds, and so on, then
corridors can be established stretching across the land which are capable
of sustaining native ecosystems.  I also never really understood about
carrying capacity until I heard him speak.

I strongly recommend that everyone attend his talk, if at all possible, and
get his book.  You won't be disappointed.

Amy Hopkins
Guilford

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke