[CT Birds] Bushy Hill Nature Preserve

CHIS Chris0381 at comcaSt.net
Tue Mar 30 15:22:42 EDT 2010

I just got back from the Bushy Hill Nature Preserve at the Carnation Center
in Ivorton. Mainly to check on the dam as it burst in 1982 and we are
presently flooded pretty bad in some areas.

Spotted an Osprey flying about near the dam and it settled in the woods
making a noise.

I just want everyone know that the preserve is open to the public until June
when the camps start. It is a very unique preserve with lot of birds and I
can't express enough how neat it is. It has a cedar swamp with a boardwalk
going through it, trails along the reservoir, and various other interesting
geology.

Chris Pimley