[CT Birds] Timberdoodles

Parrot sisserou at charter.net
Wed Mar 31 20:38:04 EDT 2010

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of timberdoodles in NE CT.  I was first introduced to them in the spring of 1970 in New Hampshire.  My high school biology teacher introduced his students to the dusk flights.  As you know the ascending call differs from the descending call.  Art could not hear the descending (?) call.  He realized that he was losing his extremes of hearing - a common aging phenomenon.  So for me, I not only delight in the music of these calls but I am marking the time when I too will lose my ability to hear a portion of the timberdoodle call.

Ron, Ashford