[CT Birds] Tree Swallow and more

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Thu Apr 1 08:58:15 EDT 2010

CT Birders -

This A.M I looked out at the nest boxes to see a tree swallow sitting on the box used by them in previous years, my first of 2010! The bluebird nest IMO is complete, and has been that way for several days, but then I won't be the one sitting in there for 18 days or so! I expect eggs any day now.

Better late than never --- A beautiful male eastern towhee at feeders March 27th and a pair of yellow rumped warblers on March 28th at first light. The field sparrow moved on.....

Today being April 1st I can wait no longer I am putting up the hummingbird and oriole feeders! I confess one of the oriole feeders has been up since the first sighting of one in CT! The oriole that wintered over in the clinic has revealed his sex, a handsome dude in the midst of a major molt, and has begun to sing!

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT