[CT Birds] Stratford EURASIAN WIGEON+

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 18:10:40 EDT 2010

4/1, McKinney Refuge in Stratford (warehouse pools, and railroad trail) w/Tina Green, Sara Zagorski, and Charlie Barnard-

Thanks go to Tina Green for the phone call after she found a gorgeous male EURASIAN WIGEON in with the ducks at the warehouse pool.  Also present were two Northern Shovelors, a good (and loud) group of Boat-tailed Grackles, a pheobe here, a Tree swallow there, and some Green-winged teals for good measure.  We weren't able to find any Blue-wings.  A fly-over Greater Yellowlegs was one of 4 FOYs for me today (wigeon, shovelor, yellowlegs and a great egret).

>From the railroad trail we also had a Great Egret, and a few more GW Teal in the blind pond.

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com