[CT Birds] lapwing hoax

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 21:14:34 EDT 2010

What I found really interesting was Rachel Farrel's take.  She seemed to think that Jeremiah was silly for jumping the gun and posting to Massbird.  I would have posted to every site if I hadn't been beaten to it.  I was beside myself with excitement.  Ironic that Mark Barriger posted it on CTBirds?  I was tempted to email him about how pathetic it was to make up a report (imagine how foolish that person made you feel, etc.) - didn't have the heart.

I am about to go apeshit on RI.  I applaud your guts on calling them out, Nick.  I am afraid to offend, but I am not sure what I would lose out on if I called the assholes assholes.  Am I an "asshole-birder enabler" with my silence.  Nick, you never told me if Rachel got back to you about the Mew Gull.

Glenn