[CT Birds] Hammo Sandpiper Id help needed

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 22:11:07 EDT 2010

At Hammo today, at the west end pool where the Godwit was last  year there
was 1 sandpiper and about 100 gulls.  I can't match  the sandpiper to
anything I know.  It has yellow legs and a 2-toned bill,  yellow base and black
tip.  Seems closest to a Least Sandpiper, but I  thought it was a little
bigger.  Does not seem to fit a Spotted Sandpiper  at all, unless its an
in-between plumage I haven't seen before.  Link to a  few pics below - please help
with ID:

_http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?trackingid=BTAGC&rlang=en_US&gall
eryid=519efbe071284ae0a01698b52c3e5d5a&wf=shareslideshow_
(http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?trackingid=BTAGC&rlang=en_US&galleryid=519efbe07128
4ae0a01698b52c3e5d5a&wf=shareslideshow)

Don Morgan
Coventry