[CT Birds] hoax

Donna sunny19682 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 07:04:35 EDT 2010

Well, now I really pity society if people are cancelling trips to the
Galapagos to run off on a whim to see ONE BIRD!  Rarity or not, what HAS
happened to common sense?  Since when has this pasttime become so obsessed
over ticking off lists instead of simply enjoying the fact that we have
unusual sightings in and around the area and some interesting diversity?
Why don't people run so quickly to help others in need?  Why don't folks run
to help save our natural diversity?  Are ticks on lists all this group cares
about?  I'm terribly confused.

Please... can't we move on from this topic?  If we can't discuss hot and
more pertinent topics that truly deal with birds - like saving natural
habitats so we can go enjoy seeing birds in the future or engaging in 'safe
birding' in hunting areas... then this one really needs to stop.  It's
gotten out of control with nastiness that I'm now ready to leave it.  People
PLEASE stop.

Donna Lorello
Branford