[CT Birds] hoax

CHIS Chris0381 at comcaSt.net
Fri Apr 2 07:57:40 EDT 2010

Not only that Donna, when I bused my friends all the way out to see the
lapwing, when we got there all we saw was this funny looking Whit Faced Ibis
then was looking at us funny and it seemed to be making fun of us as it was
squawking at us.

We knew we had been taken by a cruel April Fools joke at that time. We just
got back into the van and went away so sad.

-----Original Message-----
From: ctbirds-bounces at lists.ctbirding.org
[mailto:ctbirds-bounces at lists.ctbirding.org] On Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 7:05 AM
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] hoax

Well, now I really pity society if people are cancelling trips to the
Galapagos to run off on a whim to see ONE BIRD!  Rarity or not, what HAS
happened to common sense?  Since when has this pasttime become so obsessed
over ticking off lists instead of simply enjoying the fact that we have
unusual sightings in and around the area and some interesting diversity?
Why don't people run so quickly to help others in need?  Why don't folks run

to help save our natural diversity?  Are ticks on lists all this group cares

about?  I'm terribly confused.

Please... can't we move on from this topic?  If we can't discuss hot and
more pertinent topics that truly deal with birds - like saving natural
habitats so we can go enjoy seeing birds in the future or engaging in 'safe
birding' in hunting areas... then this one really needs to stop.  It's
gotten out of control with nastiness that I'm now ready to leave it.  People

PLEASE stop.

Donna Lorello
Branford