[CT Birds] Stratford yard/woods-

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:08:56 EDT 2010

4/2, Stratford yard and woods-

I did a quick run through my backyard and woods to see who was about.  I was suprised to see the still high number of White-throats has grown to about 50 in the whole area.  I still have at least 20 coming to feeders.  A single male Junco has been around for a while by himself too.  And when walking through the powerline cut I flushed a single woodcock.

(1) calling Pileated Woodpecker

(2) yellow-rumped warblers

(2) E. Phoebes

(50+) WT sparrows

(1) Cooper's hawk

(1) Red-shouldered hawk

(1) Woodcock

The skunk cabbage has exploded everywhere after all this rain.  And one male goldfinch is just about completely molted into breeding duds.

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com
http://thebirdmojo.blogspot.com/