[CT Birds] The sounds of an early Spring evening: Mockingbird

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 09:45:06 EDT 2010

A comment to add to Dave's post:
  I've always been curious about whether Mockingbirds "remember" the songs of migrants(and therefore can sing them before the migrants return) or if they need to "re-hear" the songs in Spring as migrants pass before they can actually "remember" them? What I'm getting at here is "can you use song repertoire of a Northern Mockingbird to predict which birds have arrived here?" IOW's could that Mockingbird sung the Phoebe song in January?
Just curious,
Bill YuleLyme