[CT Birds] one last apology

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 10:29:21 EDT 2010

I know that we have been asked to cease all discussion on the topic, but it is absolutely necessary that I publicly apologize to Rachel Farrel.  Rachel is to Rhode Island what Dori and Roy are to Connecticut.  She spends countless hours volunteering to disseminate birding information and does as much for the birding community in our area as anyone.

Rachel had nothing to do with the hoax, the RI Birds list, or anything else along this topic.  Unfortunately in my crazy rant, she is the one who was sullied.  Her job can be a thankless one and there is no excuse for my mentioning her at all, much less criticizing.  Rachel has been nothing but helpful and courteous to me in personal communications and that is how I have repaid her.  It was extremely rude, immature, and hypocritical of me.  I also apologize to the Rhode Island birding community, of which I consider myself as much a part of as Connecticut's.

Glenn Williams