[CT Birds] Watching & Studying Birds!

Mardi Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Fri Apr 2 12:02:34 EDT 2010

Dear Birders et al,

When I bring newcomers young & old
out to observe nature with me, I am
re-reminded as a young child, the curiousity and pure joy of learning
to see, smell and perhaps touch something brand new from the natural
world. That feeling has never waivered and is embedded into my soul
thanks to my parents.

I chase birds myself and love to do it!
I find it loads of fun & clearly addicting. Once seeing the bird, if
it sticks around, I get the chance to REALLY study & hopefully
photograph if I am lucky, the coloration of it feathers, size, shape &
its behavior. Plus the bonus at times of bumping into old friends and
meeting new ones. I find birding one of the most calming thing to do
in such a busy world we all live in.

THAT'S what its ALL about for me!  A fasinating experience each and
every time!

Mardi W. Dickinson
Kymry Group
Photographic Solutions