[CT Birds] Route 44 Powerlines: Devastation

Christopher Lovell ctlovell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:17:03 EDT 2010

As upsetting and disturbing as it may seem, in some ways it's a good
thing. I doubt there would be any Brown Thrashers, Yellow-breasted
Chats, Golden-winged Warblers or any other birds which depend on early
successional scrub habitat and over-grown fields. These powerline
cuts, with their clearing every 15-20 years, keeps this valuable and
very limited habitat available in a manner which is not prone to
development.

A shock a first, yes, I agree!

Chris
Sent from my iPhone