[CT Birds] Hummingbirds

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Fri Apr 2 21:06:40 EDT 2010

 CT Birders -

My feeder is up and waiting Sharon!

Today I moved the immature male Ruby- throated hummingbird that has been with me since fall to an outdoor flight cage. The young male is in heavy molt and not looking too pretty.  Still does not hover for long periods or fly swiftly, but I am hopeful he will continue to improve with all the space and new feathers!

 Moved all the overwinters to outside flight cages and released three birds today. Yellow -rumped warbler and a house and gold finch were returned back to where they came from.
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT