[CT Birds] FOY Palm Warbler

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 07:36:15 EDT 2010

4/3, Stratford yard and wood edges (6:45a)-

(1) GORGEOUS Palm Wabler SINGING (!!) in a small area on the wood edges that open up into my condos.  He jupmed down to the ground a few times to forage, jumped back to an open singing perch, sang for a few, until someone sounded the alarm. All became quite...  very soon after a (same as yesterday??) Coper's hawk was intently scoping out for a good meal.

Brian Webster, Stratford, CT yard @ 6:45a-

(1) singing, Spring adult Pal Warbler  (5th FOY in two days (techincally 3 since I missed on any yesterday).

I don't see how any 'true' birder can't chase down rare birds!?!?!  Or even common birds as they finally break our borders right into ounr heart.

Enjoy birding!!

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com