[CT Birds] Binocular Q? (Brian Kleinman)

snaketat at cox.net snaketat at cox.net
Sat Apr 3 14:14:56 EDT 2010

I'm in the market for some new bins and before I purchase them I would love some advise.  For the past 10 years I've been using 10x42's B&L Elites, but I find it sometimes difficult to locate a bird and keep it in the FOV (especially when in the tropics).  So, I'm switching back to 8x42's.  The models I'm looking at are the:

Leica 8x42 Ultravid HD
Nikon 8x42  EDG
Swarovski EL 8.5x42 SwaroVision
Zeiss 8x42 Victory T* FL

I know more or less that all these brands and models are the best of the best and what it comes down to if personal preference but before I go to Cabelas and try out some I would really appreciate any advise or recommendations.

Brian Kleinman
Riverside Reptiles