[CT Birds] Osprey, Eastford marsh off Rt US 44

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 15:53:52 EDT 2010

The Osprey are once again returning to the  Eastford (Pomfret area) marsh.
I checked on  the nest Friday afternoon and there  was 1 bird guarding the
nest.  I  assume it's the male, impatiently waiting for his mate to return.
He kept  landing on the nest, flying again, sitting on a snag and calling.
Unfortunately, there were a couple of kayakers on the marsh who eventually
got  too close and he flew off to the trees on the side.  Bird was first
reported on Tuesday afternoon. Link below to a few pics:

http://tinyurl.http://tiny

_http://tinyurl.http://tiny_ (http://tinyurl.com/ykkzjz7)

Don Morgan
Coventry