[CT Birds] 4/4/10

wgayle1 at alumni.lsu.edu wgayle1 at alumni.lsu.edu
Sun Apr 4 15:43:42 EDT 2010

I had 33 species at Hammonasset State Park this morning, including an Iceland Gull.  Along with the usual Song Sparrows and White-throated Sparrows, there was a Chipping Sparrow and a Fox Sparrow near Meig's Point.  There were many Tree Swallows flying around and the Osprey were on the nest.

I heard the Pine Warblers singing away at Racebrook Tract as reported by Judy Moore yesterday and 4 Eastern Phoebes.

A brief stop at Milford Point yielded 7 Greater Yellowlegs, Green-winged Teals, a Great Egret, 2 American Oystercatchers and Piping Plovers among the regular species.

The day started off a bit foggy but the sunshine prevailed and I came home to find a yard full of dandelions and butterflies.

Whitney Gayle,

New Haven