[CT Birds] Birding 202 & Special Fundraiser for The Coastal Center tomorrow at Whole Foods - Milford

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 11:38:01 EDT 2010

Hi all, I hope it's OK to post this to the list.  If you need supplies, tomorrow is the day to stock up...  with our thanks!!  FG.

SPECIAL FUNDRAISER:

Shop at Whole Foods in Milford on April 7 and
Help Raise Money for the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center!

On Wednesday, April 7, please shop at Whole Foods in Milford and support the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center! Whole Foods will donate 5% of its net sales from April 7 to the Coastal Center at Milford Point -- and that can really add up! Whole Foods has an incredible selection of organic, fair trade, and environmentally friendly meats, produce, and household items.  Here's a great way to support the Coastal Center’s environmental mission while stocking up on items you need now or use all year long, from household cleaners and paper products to frozen foods, fresh produce and more.

Whole Foods Market is at 1686 Boston Post Road, Milford, and is open 8 AM to 10 PM. For more information call Whole Foods at 203-874-0883 or visit their website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/milford/ and click on "The Whole Deal" section on the right to see how you can save money and shop smart!

There are still spaces available in our Birding 202 class which starts tomorrow.  If you can't make all the classes, we can prorate it. To register, contact Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502..  Thanks.  FG.

Birding 202 – (4 evenings and a field trip)
Wednesdays, April 7, 21, 28, May 5, 7:15–9:15 p.m.
Saturday, May 1, 8:30–11:30 a.m. (Field Trip)
Sharpen identification skills before the spring rush! Come explore bird identification by sight and sound with Frank Gallo in this expanded 201-level series. Four nights allows time for in-depth exploration; the fourth evening will focus on bird song identification. Learn to identify birds on your own, and gain valuable time in the field with an experienced leader and fellow birders. In addition, updates on how to choose and use new field guides, optics, and where to find birds in our area will be covered.
Cost: $135/Members; $165/Non-members