[CT Birds] CACC

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 14:26:40 EDT 2010

4/7   Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, Milford
11AM-1PM, sunny, 80, low tide rising.
Our Osprey cam is back on line!  and just in time too...Our osprey  laid
her first egg yesterday, April 6th, same as last year!  She was  sitting on
her egg this morning, calling and arranging twigs.  A little  copulating, a
little egg shuffling....then the male brought her a flounder at  12:04PM,
which she was still munching on (sitting on the perch) when I left  at 1PM. Male
was on the egg during that time.   When the male was  flying with the fish
bringing it to her, he had to do some fancy evasive  maneuvers as a gull was
chasing him for the fish.  Other notables were 4  Lesser yellowlegs, 16
Green winged teals,
1 pair (m,f) of American wigeons, 5 mute swans, Black ducks and 4 Great
egrets.
Flying about the feeders were cardinals, a flicker, Red winged blackbirds,
grackles, house sparrows, song sparrows, starlings, robins, and a crow.
Bev Propen, Orange