[CT Birds] hawk migration

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Wed Apr 7 20:44:43 EDT 2010

I took Paul Carrier's advice and looked up this morning (actually I'm looking up all the time when I probably should be paying attention to other things - but it was still good advice). I spent about a half-hour mid-morning standing next to Lake Winnemaug in Watertown (with sun block on) and had 1 N Harrier and three Am. Kestrels, which were clearly migrants. There were also a Red-tail, a Red-sholulder and a few Turkey Vultures that all appeared to be local.

Also had a Louisiana Waterthrush in Naugatuck State Forest along with at least three singing Ruby-crowned Kinglets.

Greg Hanisek