[CT Birds] Banding at Birdcraft Wednesday

Kathy Van Der Aue kvda at optonline.net
Thu Apr 8 07:04:16 EDT 2010

We opened the nets at Birdcraft (314 Unquowa Road, Fairfield) Tuesday and
had our first banding session yesterday.  We
opened the nets for two hours and banded three Ruby-crowned Kinglets
(males), one Hermit Thrush (male), two Robins (male & female) and two
White-throated Sparrows, one a recap from last fall (banded 10/20/09).  The
sanctuary had lots of Kinglets and Phoebes together with many Robins and
White-throats  We also saw a male Towhee and our tree swallows are back.

Kathy Van Der Aue, Southport, CT
kvda at optonline.net