[CT Birds] Hooded Warbler at Hammonassett looking good...

Joseph Budrow jbudrow at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 8 14:39:16 EDT 2010

Thanks to Howard from Tolland who I met at the end of Willard's Island I went to look for the Hooded Warbler at the bottom of the stairs that lead to the Morraine Trail. I walked around that thicket area for 40 minutes and nothin'! Finally, while standing on the seashells and staring at the quiet trees in front of me I decided to get aggressive and walked into them on a narrow footpath and BOOM!! there was the hoody three feet from my face!! A very docile bird that did not flinch. I watched him flit about, always w/i ten feet of me, and left after three minutes. I was stoked and then proceeded to the west end of the park and snagged a little blue heron, too. Most ospreys I have ever seen at Hammo, too.

Joe Budrow