[CT Birds] Connecticut Audubon Society announcement/Stratford Point birds

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 17:47:36 EDT 2010

The Connecticut Audubon Society invites you to check out our new blog
located at: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/

This blog will serve as a place to find all types of CAS news and
information including: general updates about birding and conservation in
Connecticut, recent sightings at Audubon sanctuaries, a lot of pictures from
what we see at Stratford Point, announcements of classes or activities at
various locations, volunteer opportunities, weather discussion including its
impact on migration in the spring and fall, reports and other presentations
created by CAS, significant political news involving habitat and open space
conservation, and so much more. Dr. Twan Leenders, frequent contributor to
this list, and I will be the authors. We hope you will bookmark the page and
check it frequently. If you have a blog and can follow the CAS blog or link
to it, we would certainly be very appreciative. We will definitely keep
posting fascinating or rare observations to this list, but you will be able
to find much more on the blog. Please visit us there often! We intend to
update it several times a week on those various subjects as well as other

The latest entry is a picture-filled and exciting adventure to repair the
Osprey cam at Milford Point. It features CAS senior director of science,
Milan Bull, CAS conservation biologist, Twan Leenders, and director of the
CAS Coastal Center, Frank Gallo. So please check out
http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com today!

As for the birds...

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
04/09/10 - Stratford Point -- 2 BROWN THRASHER, 1 NORTHERN GANNET.

The Northern Gannet count has decidedly decreased, but I saw one soaring
over the water earlier. The Brown Thrasher pair has been popping up off and
on for a week. Stop by Stratford Point soon, typically open during normal
weekday business hours, and I am sure you will find a Gannet or two out

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society