[CT Birds] Bluebirds and more

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Sun Apr 11 09:14:40 EDT 2010

 CT Birders -

Yesterday female bluebird laid the fifth egg and began incubation. Not the earliest record for me but not too shabby either, hoping for three clutches out of this female. Tree swallows still goofing around.

I am dismayed by the early bloom of so many flowering shrubs and trees. I feel it spells disaster with the timing of arriving and subsequent breeding birds still seeming to be on schedule but plant/insect life wayyy ahead of the game.

Thought I heard a BHVI but could not locate it or hear it again. Nothing new here.....
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT