[CT Birds] Advanced Botany

Carol Ansel carolansel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 11:52:28 EDT 2010

My thoughts exactly, Steve. My sense down here on the coast is that we
are at least 3 weeks ahead in blooming garden flowers - forsythia,
andromeda, daffodils and all the flowering fruit trees, and the lilacs
have flower buds. I was looking at a red maple and wondering what
looked odd about it the other day, and I think it was that it had
flowers and leaves budding out at the same time.

My biggest wonder is the orioles. They generally pass through our
yard, staying maybe a week or two to enjoy the apple and pear blossoms
- which may well be gone by the time they arrive this year :-(

Carol Ansel
Mystic