[CT Birds] Hammonasset - Moraine Trail?

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 12:00:16 EDT 2010

The moraine trail is the one at the extreme east end of the park that begins at the Meigs Point parking lot. The trail starts at the high point lookout(up the steps) with the veiwing platform and skirts Clinton Harbor as you walk north.

The "birders log" outside the Nature Center has a map of the park that's labeled.

At the entrance gate or inside the Nature center you can get a map of the park and maps for the variuos trails. Willards Island Trail, Ceder Island Trail, Moraine Trail.

All over the Park are outside "reading rails": That's a big tilted panel with graphics and text that interpret the geology and ecology of the park.  These are also labeled.

Hope that helps you navigate Hammonassett.

Bill Yule