[CT Birds] Good nature spots for a short time visitor to central CT?

Neitzel,James NeitzelJ at evergreen.edu
Sun Apr 11 13:16:45 EDT 2010

Greetings,
I will be visiting the central CT area the end of next week (April 15-17) and will be staying in Middletown, What are some good spots for birding in that area? I have spent most of my life birding in the plains and the west coast, so a lot of things you might think of as common would still greatly interest me. I have  subscribed to the list a few days, and it seem like a drive to Hammonasset SP would be worth while.

What other spots should I consider? Do people have some favorite hikes (even if non-birdy) in the area?
Replies off list at neitzelj at evergreen.edu would be fine.
-Jim Neitzel
Olympia, WA