[CT Birds] Great info coming in for my visit, and a wish list

Neitzel,James NeitzelJ at evergreen.edu
Mon Apr 12 18:32:13 EDT 2010

Thank you all-I am getting a fine list of spots, and it is revealing
that some spots are coming up multiple times!

It was suggested that I post a wish list, so I put one together (I tried
to be at least a little realistic based on what is on checklists and
prior reports) so here is my quick version

Northern Gannet

Great Cormorant

Yellow-crowned Night Heron

Glossy Ibis

American Black Duck
Broad-winged Hawk
Clapper Rail
Piping Plover

American Oystercatcher

Purple Sandpiper

Semipalmated Sandpiper
Lesser Black Backed Gull
Great Black Backed Gull
Least Tern

American Woodcock

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Carolina Wren

Wood Thrush (actually, just about any thrush!)

Veery

Just about any vireos or warblers

White-throated Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
Seaside Sparrow
Sharp-tailed Sparrow
Field Sparrow
(Eastern Screech Owl would be nice but I respect the lists no-bothering
day roosting owls policy-any night time spots that might work?)

-Jim Neitzel
Olympia, WA